- The Treaty Of Versailles
- War Guilt - Germany had to accept responsibility for the war
- Reparations - Germany had to pay reparations to the allies to pay for the damage of the war, £6,600 million
- German Territories and Allies - Germany's overseas empire was taken away. Former German colonies became mandates that were run by the League.
- Germany's Armed Forces - the treaty restricted Germany's armed forces to a level way below what they were before.
- The army was limited to 100,000 men
- Germany was not allowed armoured vehicles
- Soliders had to be volunteers
- The League of Nations - and international 'police force' that Germany was not invited to join until it had shown it was a peace loving country.