- The nuclear atom
- Use the terms nucleon number (mass number) and proton number (atomic number)
- Describe how large-angle alpha particle scattering gives evidence for a nuclear atom.
- Recall that electrons are released in the process of thermionic emission and explain how they can be accelerated by electric and magnetic fields.
- Explain why high energies are required to break particles into their constituents and to investigate fine structure.
- Write and interpret equations using nuclear notation.
- Use de Broglie's wave equation