- The Nazi police state
- Laws were passed which made it a crime to do certain things like listening to certain radio stations, saying anything against Hitler or making an anti-nazi joke
- The ** took a prominent role in the police state. They arrested anyone who broke the new laws.
- The gestapo were the secret police. They listened in on phone calls & spied on people
- People were encouraged to be informers and spy on friends & family
- The courts of law were under nazi control. All judges took an oath of loyalty to Hitler
- Concentration camps intimidated & scared people as no one was sure what they did.
- Nazi opposed anyone who didnt support the Nazis, including Christians.
- Undesirables (disabled, Jews, gypsies, homosexuals) were targets of the police state