- The Irenaen Theodicy
- Epistemic distance
- D Z Phillips - It is never acceptable to hurt someone to help them
- Doesn't justify the killing of the innocent
- Ivan 'Brothers of Karamazov
- If God is omnibenevolent, then He could put higher moral values in his creations
- If God is omnipotent He could create another way of teaching humanity
- Levels of suffering
- No motive to act morally good due to a 'future in Heaven'
- Professor John Hick
- Vale of Soul Making
- A future in Heaven
- Justification for all that happens on Earth
- 'aimlessly we would float and drift with ease'
Similar Religious Studies resources:
(Irenaen) Comment on the view that there is a successful solution to the problem of suffering (9 marks)