- The Feeding of the 5000
- Took place on a mountainside in Galilee close to Passover - symbolic of Jesus' Sermon on the Mount.
- Showed Jesus as the new Moses, Jesus fed his people- I am the bread of life - feeds their spiritual hunger // eternal life and symbolic of him sacrificing himself on the cross.
- 12 baskets of fragments collected by the disciples - symbolic of the 12 tribes of Israel.
- The crowd failed to see the symbolism and wanted to crown him as king (King David//fighter).
- The crowd only saw the physical part of the sign and could not recognise the spiritual part.
- "from this time many of his disciples turned back and no longer followed him" - They only followed him because they 'saw signs'// Secondary Faith.