- The effects of day care on peer relations
- Child Minders and Day Care
- Clarke-Stewart et al have showed that group-based Day Care makes the children more sociable than those cared by Childminders. Harvey found similiar results.
- EPPE- Effective provision of pre-school education
- All children improved on cognitive and social development
- Disadvantaged children performed better when surrounded with children from different backgrounds.
- The higher the quality of day care the better the development of the children.
- Found that the more time the children spent in high quality day care the more friends they had and they were more engaged in extra-curricular activities