- Created by: elliefletcherr
- Created on: 10-03-15 21:17
- The Anointing at Bethany (14:1-11)
- Jesus went to Simon's house who suffered from a dreaded skin disease. When he was entering a woman broke a jar over his head. Some people got angry and said that the perfume could have been sold for 300 silver coins and given to the poor. Jesus thought she had done a beautiful thing.
- 2 days before Passover
- 'Leave her alone: why are you bothering her? She has done a fine and beautiful thing for me. You will always have poor people with you, and at any time you want to, you can help them. But you will not always have me.'
- Jesus, Simon and a woman
- Kings in the old testament were anointed to show they were chosen - shows Jesus was the King. Shows equality between men and women.
Similar Religious Studies resources: