- The Aesthetic Principle
- Put forward by F.R. Tennant
- The idea that humans have a natural APPRE- CIATION for things concidered to be ' beautiful' - no other species responds in the same way
- E.G. Humans ability to appreciate art, music, poetry and literature
- As this appreciation isn't essential for development of life, Tennant asked why humans have it?
- Tennant's response that it is therefore evidence of design and a designer
- God wanted his creation to enjoy living within the world and so he designed it and humans to enable them to achieve this.