- Created by: hmadyah
- Created on: 09-11-17 10:25
- The Weaknesses of Natural Law Theory
- Nature does not always seem to be inspired with goodness e.g. natural disasters and diseases.
- Atheists are unlikely to follow this supposedly universal ethics because it is based on the premises that God created the universe and the moral law within it.
- It is also based on the law that there is life after death and that the purpose of life is to find union with God and His purpose for us.
- This raises questions to what extent it reveals God's plan or desire.
- Aquinas's focus on reproduction as one of the five primary purposes of human life raises moral issues for couples who cannot reproduce, such as because they are infertile