- Created by: Crmorgan2003
- Created on: 02-06-19 17:32
- The reasons for Labour's victory in the 1945 general election.
- Labour had been winning seats before the war had already started.
- Labour had increasing support over the Conservatives
- Trade unions supported the Labour Party.
- Socialism was not seen as a threat as it as in the 1920s.
- Many people didn't see Churchill as a peacetime leader
- Labour seemed to stand for allowing all people to access opportunity.
- Labour politicians had held key posts in the wartime coalition government.
Similar History resources: