- The Mary Queen of Scots Problem
- She had a claim to the English throne
- Treaty of Edingburgh, 1560- meant that she would have to give up her claim to the throne during a rebellion in Scotland. Mary, however, didnt agree and maintained her claim
- Arrival in England 1568- Rebellion in Scotland meant Mary had to leave and abdicate in favour of her son, James. She was rescued from imprisonmentand fled to England seeking Elizabeth I's help.
- Plot and Rebellion, 1569- The plots Mary made to get the English throne proved she was dangerous even in captivity