- Created by: xmeganbakerx
- Created on: 20-03-19 12:28
- Voting behaviour and the media
- A key factor.
- Older voters favour the Conservatives (and UKIP) very significantly.
- Young voters have a Labour bias and tend to support Green.
- Virtually no difference in voting habits.
- There's a slight tendency for women to vote Labour.
- A significant factor but becoming less so.
- A further trend is for more established immigrant groups to move towards the Conservatives
- Used to be the most important determinant of voting behaviour but is becoming less influential.
- Is still significant.
- Considerable variations in regional voting patterns.
- Scotland is heavily SNP dominated, while southern England is solidly Conservative.
- North England is Labour country, while the midlands are closely contested between the two main parties.
Similar Government & Politics resources: