- The Great Gatsby
- "And I hope she'll be a fool — that's the best thing a girl can be in this world, a beautiful little fool." - Daisy
- "Whenever you feel like criticizing any one," he told me, "just remember that all the people in this world haven't had the advantages that you've had." - Nick
- "It makes me sad because I've never seen such — such beautiful shirts before." - Daisy
- "Her voice is full of money" - Gatsby
- They were careless people, Tom and Daisy—they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness, - Nick
- The American Dream
- Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us. - Nick
- “…his dream must have seemed so close that he could hardly fail to grasp it.” - Nick
- “…he must have felt that he had lost the old warm world, paid a high price for living too long with a single dream.” - Nick
- Past and Future
- "I wouldn't ask too much of her," I ventured. "You can't repeat the past." "Can't repeat the past?" he cried incredulously. "Why of course you can!"
- Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgastic future that year by year recedes before us.
Similar English Literature resources: