- The Catholic view of the Big Bang theory
- Science explains how the universe came about and Genesis explains why the universe began
- Many Christians accept the scientific explanations accept the scientific explanations, but say that we must understand Genesis symbolically.
- Not as a scientific explanation of the beginning of the world, but as a theological statement about the world's relationship to God
- In fact, the Big Bang theory was put forward by a Catholic priest, Father Geogres LemaÎtre.
- Catholics are happy to accept the Big Bang, as this theory supports their belief that God created the universe out of nothing