- Created by: Henry_2002
- Created on: 02-11-18 11:59
- The Cardiovascular System
- Heart rate represents the number of cardiac cycles (beats) completed in one minute.
- Average HR is 60-80 bpm (beats per minute).
- Max HR = 220 - age
- Bradycardia is a resting HR below 60 bpm.
- Stroke Volume is the volume of blood ejected from the left ventricle per beat.
- This occurs during ventricular systole.
- An average resting SV is approximately 70ml.
- Cardiac Output is the volume of blood ejected from the left ventricle per minute
- Q = HR X SV
- Average Q = 5 litres/minute
Similar Physical Education resources: