- Created by: laurenellxs2002
- Created on: 05-04-19 21:43
- Survival on the Great Plains
- Conditions on the Great Plains were harsh: extreme with freezing cold winters, incredibly hot summers, land was dry so it was difficult to grow crops& dangerous animals, such as buffalo, roamed free.
- Plains Indians adapted way of life to live in difficult conditions, survival depended on hunting buffalo, they acquired majority of their food& materials from them, they developed a nomadic lifestyle& followed the buffalo across the Plains.
- Lived in tipis, easily be taken down /transported, had incredible horse riding /archery skills, allowed them to hunt buffalo and travel. they developed skills which allowed them to utilise every part of the buffalo.