- Created by: mollk
- Created on: 12-02-14 18:53
- Summary of Metals and their uses.
- Metals are extracted from rocks, known as ores, which contain a large amount of the metal's compound.
- Copper ores are of low quality. Phytomining and bioleaching are used to obtain copper compounds to use as ores.
- Metals that are more reactive than carbon are extracted by electrolysis. Metals that are less reactive are extracted by heating them with carbon.
- Transition metals have many uses based on their properties. Many pure metals are improved by mixing with others to form alloys.