- Created by: livpickford
- Created on: 15-03-17 11:58
- Stanford Prison study (AO1)
- Aim: Zimbardo wanted to find out how readily people conform to given social roles
- Procedure: Mock prison was created. Volunteer sample of 24 male students was collected
- Prisoners were given uniform and referred to by their numbers only
- Findings: prisoners and guards settled into new roles quickly, guards began to harass prisoners
- Some prisoners took sides with guards to punish those who disobeyed rules.