- Where there is more than one occasion where panic, intimidation, harassment and fear is caused.
- Around 1 in 5 psychiatrists will gain a stalker (McIvor, 2008)
- (Pinals 2007) found that women have a lifetime risk of being stalked between 8 and 33% whereas men have a risk of 3 and 46%.
- Mullen et al. (1999) found that 63% of stalkers made threats and 36% were assaultive. Also found 5 types of stalker: rejected, intimacy seeking, incompetent, resentful and predatory.
- Delusional disorders more common with intimacy seeking.
- Personality disorders more common with rejected stalkers.