- Soul: Past, present and future
- The soul is external
- The soul exists prior to the human body and will exist after death.
- Souls cannot change so cannot pass into existence or cess to exist because that would change it.
- In the past, the soul was in the realm of the forms. The soul has knowledge of the Forms before being pulled to earth by the appetites.
- In the present, it is incarnated in a body and experiences all the tension of the conflict between the body and the soul.
- The body is a prison and the soul is liberated from it after death.
- In the future, the soul will be freed from the body by death and will be reincarnated into another body and eventually return to the realm of the forms.