- Not as many bad feelings between the two parties
- Cheaper because don't have to go to court
- More remedies than court
- A decision isn't always made
- If in more vulnerable position, may be forced to decision they don't want
- Instruct barristers
- Prepare paperwork for court
- Write letters
- Give advice through interviews, letters, phone calls.
- Best source of legal advice
- Costs a lot (from £150 an hour)
- If using public funding, solicitor must have a contract with Legal Services Commission
- Gather evidence and witnesses.
- Enter contractual relationship with client so can be sued or sue for non-payment
Similar Law resources: