- 87000 employees in more than 70 countries
- Key role - meet world's growing demand for energy in economically, environmentally and social responsbile ways.
- Explore for and extract crude oil and natural gas
- Liquefy natural gas by cooling
- Developers of wind power as a means to generate electricity
- Upstream businesses are grouped into two organisational units
- Upstream Americas, covering the Americas
- Upstream International, covering rest of the world with major interests in Europe, Asia/Middle East/Russia, Australia/Oceania and Africa
- Extract bitumen – thick, heavy oil – from mined oil sands and convert it to synthetic crude oil
- Convert natural gas to liquids (GTL) to provide cleaner burning fuels
- Downstream organisation is made up of a number of businesses
- Turn crude oil into refined products, moved and marketed around the world for domestic, industrial and transport use
- Fuels, lubricants and bitumen.
Similar Geography resources: