- Self Fulfilling Prophecy Evaluation
- - We do not always conform to expectations.
- + Explains why people in poor socio-economic areas behave anti-socially.
- - SFP only works best when observer and observed are not known to each other.
- - Alternative Explanation: SLT
- We observe and imitate behaviour rather than act according to expectations.
- + Mandon (2003): mothers who believed children would have future drinking habits were fulfilled by children = SFP
- + Snyder (1977): men told talking on phone to pretty woman were more friendly than those who were told she was average.
- + Jahoda (1954): Ashanti people say Monday children calm = (7% were) and Wednesday children aggressive = (22% were)