- Science Revision
- Sound waves and light rays change speed when traveling through different substances with different densities. This causes them to change direction and is called refraction.
- If the angle of incidence increases, so does the angle of refraction.
- Our lens is long and thin when we are looking at something far away.
- Our lens is short and fat when we are looking at something close.
- If I have a pair of blue shoes, they are this colour because they absorb all the other colours and reflect blue, causing me to see blue.
- Total internal refraction occurs in diamonds for example. The light continually bounces off the sides of the diamond causing it to sparkle.