- Roman Catholics and Evangelical Christians
- Are against abortion
- Life begins at conception and is created in the image of God.
- The foetus is alive and murder is wrong (Ten Commandments).
- Life is a gift from God and only God can take it away.
- God has a plan for every life and we should not interfere with that plan.
- The Catechism of the Roman Catholic Church says, 'Abortion is a horrible crime... the law must provide appropriate sanctions for every deliberate violation of the child's rights.'
- 'The Doctrine of Double Effect' e.g. if a woman needs treatment for cancer, but that would kill her unborn child, then this would be allowed. It is not abortion because the doctor was curing the cancer, not aborting the foetus.