- Robert Sobukwe
- Joined the AND youth league in 1948.
- Because the ANC Editor in 1957 of their paper 'The Africanist'.
- He left the ANC and formed the PAC in 1959 (also becoming president of the party).
- he left the ANC because he din't want them to work with 'non-Africans'.
- He enocouraged blacks to 'liberate themselves' and didn't want to work with blacks.
- He deliberatly broke the pass laws at Sharpeville and Soweto to get arrested.
- He was imprisoned at Robben island and under the Sobukwe clause' the government dreserved the right to renew his detainment every year.
- Once released form prison he lived in Kimberly under house arrest and lived under a banning order.
Similar History resources: