- Created by: Former Member
- Created on: 09-04-13 18:48
- Causes of the Rhys ap Gruffudd Rebellion
- Following his Grandfather's death, Gruffudd wasn't offered his Grandfather's offices.
- The Chamberlain-ship of South Wales was given Lord Ferrers.
- There was an infiltration of English laws and administration which was met with hatred from the Welsh.
- Lord Ferrers was had an arrogant and domineering attitude which caused Rhys ap Gruffudd and his ambitious wife to react.
- Social unrest in South Wales - following the Earl of Desmond Rebellion, there was an influx in Anglo-Irish immigrants.