- Created by: Daisymac
- Created on: 19-01-19 13:42
- Racism in wider society
- Mason 2000 says that ' discrimination is a continuing and persistent feature of the experience of Britains citizens of minority ethnic origin"
- Rex 1986 shows how racial discrimination leads to social exclusion
- For example, in housing, discrimination means that minorities are likely to be forced into sub-standardised accommodation than white people of the same class
- Wood et al 2010 sent 3 closely matched job applications to each of almost 1000 job vacancies. There was one white application and two from ethnic minority groups
- Found that 1 in 16 ethnic minority applications were offered interviews, compared to 1 in 9 white applications