- Title- like the quick drawing of a gun, links to extended metaphor (wild west)
- Wild west language- sheriff, boot, saloon, pellet, high noon (argument like a stand off)
- Juxtaposition of language- modern and old wild west mirrors the opposition of the couple.
- Modern Language- mobile, landline, phone, text (argument over the phone)
- Structure- lots of break, mirrors a real argument, increases the pace to create tension and simulate pace of argument.
- Extended metaphor- the wild west, adds visual picture to the poem, exaggerates the fight- still wounds them even though it's a small scale argument.
- Gap in the middle of a sentence- mimicking a bullet shooting across the page, emphasises a bullet wound.
Similar English Literature resources: