- Pyramid of numbers and Biomass
- Is a simple diagram used to represent the numbers of organisms as the food chain progresses from producers to the the top consumer
- In some cases a pyramid of numbers can become atypical as one producer could provide food for many primary consumers. an example of this could be seen in rose where a single bush can sustain hundreds of green fly
- Is a diagram used to represent the mass of living material at each trophic level. in our example of the rose bush than the aphids.
- So the steps of the pyramid always become shorter as you progress through the food chain