- POVA - Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Scheme developed by the Department of Health
- Who it includes?
- people with learning disabilites
- people with mental health problems
- older people
- people with a physical disability or impairment
- An adult who has or is being harmed and in need of community care and cant look after themselves
- local councils have a safeguarding adults committee which makes sure staff working with vulnerable adults have training.
- Requires different people to work together
- Social services
- Voluntary sector
- the vulnerable adult themselves
Similar Health & Social Care resources: