- Port-au-Prince Haiti, 2010
- Magnitude 7.0 focus: 13 km deep on conservative plate boundary Epicentre- 25 km from Port-au-Prince (Population 2.5 million)
- Primary social effects:316,000 people died and 300,000 were injured. 1 million people were made homeless
- Primary economic effects: Many houses collapsed instantly as were poorly built. The port, communication links and major roads were damaged beyond repair.
- Secondary social impacts: a cholera outbreak killed 8,000 people. 1 million people remained displaced.
- secondary economic impacts:The port was destroyed, and clothing factories were damaged