- Political Factors affecting Energy Supply Development
- Development of Nuclear Electricity in countries requires permission from the International Atomic Energy Agency.
- International Agreements
- eg. Kyoto Protocol has a considerable influence on the energy decisions of individual countries.
- Potential HEP schemes that could take place on 'international rivers' require mutual agreement by countries that share the river.
- Governments may insist on energy companies producing a large or small proportion of their energy from renewable resources.
- Legislation against emissions
- Favours use of low sulphur coal in power stations
Similar Geography resources: