- "Of course there isn't a beast"
- 'Martyred expression of a parent'
- Relies on Ralph
- "Ralph, they ought to shut up"
- 'Piggy grips Ralph's arm'
- Doesn't fit in with the other boys
- 'Piggy was a bore'
- 'Piggy was an outsider,not only by accent... but by fat, and ass-mar, andspecs, and a certain disinclination for manual labor'
- "But they don't know where we are, because we never got there"
- 'Only Piggy could have the intellectual daring to suggest [move fire]'
Similar English Literature resources: