- Created by: robinred185
- Created on: 22-05-18 11:43
- Energy Stores
- The energy stored when repelling poles have been pushed closer together or when attracting poles have been pulled further apart.
- Fridge magnets, compasses, maglev trains which use magnetic levitation.
- Thermal / Internal
- The total kinetic and potential energy of the particles in an object, in most cases this is the vibrations - also known as the kinetic energy - of particles. In hotter objects, the particles have more internal energy and vibrate faster.
- Human bodies, hot coffees, stoves or hobs. Ice particles vibrate slower, but still have energy.
- The energy stored in chemical bonds, such as those between molecules.
- Foods, muscles, electrical cells.
- The energy of a moving object.
- Runners, buses, comets.
- Gravitational Potential
- The energy of an object at height.
- Aeroplanes, kites, mugs on a table.
- The energy stored when repelling charges have been moved closer together or when attracting charges have been pulled further apart.
- Thunderclouds, Van De Graaff generators.
- Elastic Potential
- The energy stored when an object is stretched or squashed.
- Drawn catapults, compressed springs, inflated balloons.
Similar Physics resources: