- Created by: gsoning
- Created on: 20-05-19 10:43
- Bacchae Character Scholars
- Scullion-'Pentheus has little against the Bacchants other than sexual-wrongdoing'
- Hall-'Pentheus is in a Dionysiac trance; he can no longer distinguish between reality and illusion'
- Goggin- Dionysus is a god who breaks down barriers (of gender, class, social norms)
- Mossman-'Agave's punishment is only complete when the divine madness is withdrawn from her and she realises what she has done'
- Hodgkinson-'Pentheus is blind to the identity of his own family, despite his family trying to educate him