- Peace and Justice
- Just War Theory, Thomas Aquinas: 1. Started by leader of State 2. Good chance of success 3. Minimum force used 4. All other options must have been tried 5. There must be a just reason for going to war.
- Liberation Theology: A Christian idea which interprets the teachings of Jesus in terms of liberating (freeing) people from social injustice. For Example; Oscar Romero
- Contentious objector: A person who refuses to serve in the armed forces on the grounds of conscience and morals.
- Pacifist: The belief that any kind of violence is wrong and that you should not participate in any wars.
- Aims of Punishment: Deterrence, Reform, Retribution, Protection
- Restorative Justice: The victim and criminal meet to consider the harm caused and how to repair it.
- Social Injustice: Things in society which are not fair, right or reasonable.