- Created by: PhoenixStorm
- Created on: 24-05-18 10:30
- Petrarchan sonnet
- Not strictly regular rhythm and iambic pentameter disrupted
- Romantic poet
- Rameses II
- Believed in emotion rather than reason, tried to capture intense experiences and focused on power of nature
- Heard about Italian explorer
- Majority of Britain lived in poverty
- French Revolution
- Disliked monarchies, absolute power and oppression of ordinary people
- "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:/Look upon my works, ye mighty, and despair."
- "Two vast and trunkless legs of stone/Stand in the desert"
- "Nothing beside remains."
- "the decay"
- "boundless and bare/The lone and level sands stretch far away"
- "Half sunk, a shattered visage lies"
- "sneer of cold command"
- "these lifeless things"
Similar English Literature resources: