- Created by: AlexMaltby
- Created on: 02-02-20 15:45
- Oxfordshire (Economic Hub)
- One of UK's most important locations for scientific and technological industries.
- 1500 high-tech companies in Oxford region.
- Employ 43,000 and contribute hugely to national economy.
- Changes to the Hub
- Increase in technological investment has led to construction of new buildings, roads and services.
- Harwell campus is planning several new developments.
- New developments could result in 1400 new homes.
- Regional and National Impact
- House prices extremely high in Oxfordshire because of fast development (40% tech growth since 2000s)
- Companies with global connections have provided economic growth.
- Employment in education in Oxfordshire has risen by 50% between 1998 and 2008.
Similar Geography resources: