- Created by: Alasdair
- Created on: 04-04-17 21:19
- Outcomes of KW for China and USSR
- Ch's military performance in K impressed world. Held USA to a draw.
- Strengthened Ch/NK relationship
- Possibly, USSR set Ch on road to nuclear power by leaving them alone to fight in K thus resentment
- Sino-US relationship poor - adds to Western opposition to Ch membership of UN
- Consolidates power of Mao's gov - national unity achieved thanks to "resist America" campaign. They used war to introduce greater repression.
- Triumph for USSR
- Comm military effectiveness shown
- Tied Western powers to Asia and caused tensions between Western allies
- Worryingly for USSR led to re-militarisation of Jp and WstGr
Similar History resources: