- Osmosis & Active Transport
- Substances being absorbed against a concentration gradient.
- Water passes both ways during osmosis net movement is from high to low.
- Region of high concentration to a region of low concentration- concentration gradient
- Movement of water molecules across a partially permeable membrane.
- Root Hair Cells are specialized for absorbing water and minerals - from low to high gradient and it uses ENERGY
- Active transport is used in the gut where there is a low concentration of nutrients in the gut, but a high concentration of nutrients in the blood.
Similar Biology resources: