- Organ Systems
- The food you eat must be changed from insoluble molecules to soluble ones. Only then can the soluble molecules be absorbed into the blood. The digestive system is responsible for this process.
- The digestive system is a muscular tube which includes:
- glands, such as the pancreas and salivary glands which produce digestive juices
- the stomach and small intestine where digestion occurs
- the liver which producesbile
- the small intestine where the absorbption of soluble food occurs
- the large intestine where water is absorbed from the undigested food, producing faeces