- Natural defences
- When you contract a virus, your number of antibodies will increase so that you can fight the virus. If you catch the virus for a second time, your body already knows how to fight it, so therefore you will recover quicker.
- As you begin to feel better again, your number of antibodies will begin to decrease.
- If we have a cut, our defence system will grow a scab over it to protect it and help it to heal.
- Our eyelashes protect or eyes when we blink and help to filter out any dust or dirt from entering our eyes.
- A virus needs a host. It invades and takes over a cell and then begins to multiply, producing more virus particles.
- Antibodies are produced to fight the illness.