- Mutations and antibiotic resistance.
- Rare random change in DNA - can be inherited.
- Chnage the sequence of DNA's bases. Could stop the production of a protein, or it might mean a different protein is produced instead. can lead to new characteristicsincreasing variation.
- Harmful, if occurs in reproductive cells as offsrping can develop abnormally and die. And they can multiply abnormally.
- Occasionally benificial giving organisms a survival advantage where as in other conditions it might die. NATURAL SELECTION AT WORK.
- Bacteria can evolve ad develop and become antibiatotic resistant.