- Created by: zachary hyams
- Created on: 24-12-19 16:37
- Music for a While: Tempo, Rhythm and Meter
- There is no tempo indication but a slow tempo would be appropriate for this piece.
- The metre is 4/4 quadruple time.
- The piece uses a wide variety of rhythms but quavers and semiquavers are the most predominant.
- Dotted rhythms are sometimes used in the vocal part (e.g. bar 10) but used more extensively in the right hand part of the harpsichord.
- There is only occasional syncopation (e.g. bar 20) and off-beat rhythms (e.g. bar 24).
- The ground bass is presented entirely in quavers.