- Muscles working in pairs opposite each other are described as antagonistic
- A neuromuscular junction is a specialised synapse between the end of a motor neurone and the muscle fibre membrane adjacent to it
- The movement of any bone at a joint requires the coordinated action of atleast 2 muscles
- Gradation of response = The more a motor units stimulated the greater the force of contraction.
- The elbow joint is an example of a synovial joint. This occurs when a large degree of movement is required. Here the synovial fluid acts as a lubricant