- Multiple sclerosis
- A disease that affects nerves in the brain and spinal cord. Causes problems with vision and balance.
- Signs and symptoms
- Facial pain, weakness in limbs, tremors, anxiety, cognitive problems bladder and bowel problems. Fatigue.
- No specific cause. Suspected- genes, environment, bacteria or virus triggers a reaction which causes the immune system to attack itself
- Varies. Gradual. Remissions can be long initally, More common in females than males. Usually affects those around 30-45.
- Physical and psychological effects
- Unique combo of physical symptoms, Reduced mobility, depression.
- Main treatments
- Drugs that reduce relapses, drugs that will ease systems, physio, O.T, stem cell treatment
Similar Health & Social Care resources: