- Mr Birling Quotes
- "heavy looking"
- "prosperous manufacturer"
- "rather provincial in his speech"
- "rather portentous man"
- "middle fifties"
- "easy manners"
- "There's every excuse for what both your mother and I did"
- "I was almost certain for a knighthood"
- "hard-headed practical men of business"
- "a man has to make his own way - has to look after himself"
- "a man has to mind his own business and look after himself"
- "community and all that nonsense"
- "There'll be a public scandal"
- Eric says: "You're not the kind of father a chap could go to when he's in trouble"
- "(angrily to Eric) You're the one I blame for this"
- Act 3:
- Act One:
- "I've got to cover this up as soon as I can" (about Eric stealing money)
- "That fellow obviously didn't like us. He was prejudiced from the start. Probably a socialist or some sort of crank"
- "The whole story's just a lot of moonshine. Nothing but an elaborate sell"
Similar English Literature resources: