- Created by: JodieBowen14
- Created on: 26-09-20 08:50
- Motte and Bailey Castles
- The Normans built castes to control areas.
- They were used as the base for attacks. A garrison f troops in the castle could ride out to suppress trouble, and if they came under attack they could return to the castle's defenses.
- They were placed at strategically important places like river crossings. This made it easier to keep the local population under surveillance.
- They made the town folks feel inferior to the Normans therefore giving the Normans control.