- Monks keeping the Precepts:
- Monks are required to follow ten precepts, as are ant non-monks who are focused on their religious path.
- As well as the Five Precepts, these are abstaining from taking untimely meals, abstaining from dancing/ music/ singing, abstaing from the use of garlands/ perfumes/ jewellery, abstaing from use of high seats/ luxourious beds and abstaing from accepting money.
- All these things are focused around luxury and pleasing the senses.
- The Ten Precepts effectively separated the monks from others and prove they have renounces the world.
- Essentially, the monks an are giving up all sensual attachments - the things we take for grated in daily life.